Saturday, October 11, 2014

Wounded, Not Dead


Police illegally abused, arrested and unlawfully attained me, an American, 8 AM Wednesday morning, the 8th of October 2014 at Circle K Vietnam: 167 Tôn Đản Q.4 TP.HCM. I'm free now but this story is not over yet. It is Saturday now.
.
The staff lied about the situation. They said that I didn't pay for the noodles but I did. They said that I was yelling, but the tall Circle K manager (or cashier) with glasses was yelling at me, "Shut up.... leave and never come back." I was harassed by the staff and man-handled by the police who broke my glasses, bag, laptop, noodles, bowl, self-esteem, my arms, and skin. Police hit me and beat me up. Police threw me to the ground. Police bruised me. I want to file some complains and sue the police and Circle K. Their excuse is that they didn't know what country I was from.
.
The police started treating me nicely AFTER seeing in my passport that I am in fact American. However, they are required to make amends to their inexcusable actions.
.
People are misunderstanding what happened. People are making unfair accusation against me. Some assumed that I was drunk, but I don't drink like my father.
.
I am not homeless. I live in District 1. I rent a room. I am not illegal. I have a passport and a visa that expires in December 2014. I am not unemployed. I work for a private company. I have a contract. Please respect my privacy. Some of this is classified and on a need to know basis. There is a confidentiality agreement that I am connected with. It is confidential.
.
Bella Tran is spreading lies about me. She met me at the Leaf Pagoda and invited me for dinner. I did not ask her to buy me dinner. It was her idea. She asked me what I wanted and I said pizza. I suggested to her that I could have something cheaper but she insisted on buying me everything that I wanted. I have talked to her about this many times since but she uses this situation as an unfair leverage against me. She did not have a problem with the pizza until I got lost one day to class. I was going to a new class for the first time by myself in District 12 and I got lost and was not able to find the classroom and she was not happy about that. She blamed me after that and then started to bring up the Pizza situation. It was partly due to her friends getting mad at her as I was her friend which could mean that it was her fault that she invited a "Crazy foreigner" to teach. So, that is her like maybe grudge against me. I told her and I told them that I was sorry and that I would not happen again. After that, I was able to get to the classroom on time the next day.
.
.
Back to this 2014 Circle K Story.
.
As I have said before, I only wanted to say three words to the female cashier at Circle K Wednesday morning. I just wasted to say that she smiles when she works. It is a good character trait. I was not being creepy about it. It is called service with a smile.
.
When you buy things, it is customary for staff to interact with their customers at least for a second with a smile to say the least.
.
Customers like me say "Thank you." When they buy things, I say "Thank you." Cashiers say "Thank you" to customers as well. This exchange of words is expected and is welcomed by both customers and employees both internationally speaking and even locally (in Vietnam) as well.
.
Wednesday morning, I only wanted to to offer a substitution for that exchange of "Thank you." I wanted to encourage that cashier. Edification is fundamental in social developments. As a Christian, I believe in helping others.
.
The cashier said that she didn't like me.
.
However, in September 2014, she said that she did like English. Since September, she would talk to me in English. She wanted a better job. She asked for my help. I was only trying to help. I was helping her sometimes since September.
.
I was not asking for free food. I paid for the noodles. I have the receipt to prove it. You can watch the security footage from the video cameras at that Circle K. I posted my receipts on Facebook already.
.
I tried to ask the receptionist why she doesn't like me. I wanted to understand what changed. If there is a problem with me, then I would like to know in order to fix myself.
.
The manager could have asked the receptionist. The manager knows hundreds of English words. He could have translated to me what the receptionist was thinking. Instead, the manager told me not to worry about it. However, I am paid money to worry about these kinds of things.
.
.
.
.
People do not have to like me.
.
I only ask people to be honest with me. I bought the noodles from the manager and sat down to work on my laptop on a table in Circle K. Later, I got up and calmly asked the receptionist again about why she doesn't like me.
.
The staff already huddled together similar to American Football players in a time-out. It is possible that they were already scheming against me.
.
.
.
.
.
The manager started to yell at me. He asked me about what I wanted. He told me to shut up as soon as I tried to tell him what I wanted.
.
I just wanted a simple explanation.
.
At one point, the receptionist attempted to talk to me. She came to me and was attempting to answer my question. She was trying to tell me that she doesn't actually hate me. She had more to say but the manager interrupted her and told me to leave or he was going to call the police.
.
I wanted to hear what she was going to say.
.
She had more to say and she was trying to tell me more but the manager stopped her. I am actually not sure if he is a manager or just a more experienced worker there, but I am sure that he does not like me because he started to yell at me and say that he does not like me.
.
He said he would call the police if I didn't leave. I told him not to lie. We should keep our promises.
.
At the Leaf Pagoda, they said that they would call the police in February 2014 but they didn't. This time around at Circle K, the police really did come. I tried to reason with the police with the limited English that they do know but it didn't work.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The staff lied to the police.
.
Five Circle K staff filled out reports against me.
.
To some extent, the evidence used is purely hearsay and not applicable in a court of law. It was too speculative with premature assumptions and irrational judgement against me under a clause of stereotypical bias discrimination which is immoral, unethical, impractical, dangerous, and illegal.
.
Friday, I tried to go back into Circle K to buy a bottle of water, but they locked the door, which is illegal as it is a 24-hours store. They are pretending that I harassed them when they really harassed me. They have this unofficial restraining order against me.
.
Some people seem to hate me. The people that dislike me tend to be the same people that leave me the most amount of comments on Facebook and especially Youtube.
.
.
.
.
.
I was wounded but I am not dead.
.
This post is not here to complain but is here to educate, entertain, rebuke, and inspire people to a better and brighter tomorrow. Together, we can make the world a better place with one Original Oatmeal at a time.
.
With Oatmeal in my Bowl, is Jesus in your Soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment