Monday, October 13, 2014

Americans Banned From Circle K Vietnam


A manager at a Circle K store in Vietnam unfairly yelled at me. After that, police came, broke my glasses, bag, and beat me up. They hand cuffed me and had me sit there for five hours while they smoked in the store.
.
I was a customer. I was trying to buy noodles. I wanted to say thank you to the cashier but they got mad at me.They over-reacted. I am an English Teacher in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam since 2013. I was born in America in 1985.

I started going to this particular Circle K store at 167 Ton Dan Street, District 4, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam back in September 2014 and the staff said that they want to practice English with me. I did not ask them if they liked English or not. One woman staff said that she wanted a better job and that she really wants to practice English with me as much as possible. Sometimes, she would practice English with me as I would buy things. I was a normal customer.

Wednesday morning, the 8th of October 2014, I went to that store to buy two packs of noodles. I paid money to buy the noodles in an orderly fashion, but she told me that she does not like me.

I wanted to tell her only three words as I was buying noodles. I wanted her to know that "You are happy." She smiles when she works. However, she was not willing to listen to even a word of that. She interrupted me and told me to hurry up with the money. She did not want to listen to me.

I told her that is bad customer service. She told me that she does not like me but would not tell me why. I asked the manager but he started yelling at me.

Later, they told the police that I did NOT pay for the noodles and that I was trying to beat them up and rob money from them even.

Over five Circle K employees filed reports against me with the police. One police woman lied and said that she was with the embassy. She tried to get my passport and I told her that I did nothing wrong.

They said that I was living there and that I am a homeless man. However, I live in District 1. I did not live there. I did not sleep there. Sometimes, I went there to eat. I would buy food and eat.

Sometimes, I sit at a table at Circle K and eat at night. The store is open 24 hours each day. I am allowed to come to the store when the store is open. I am allowed to come and go when I want as a customer.

I would sit at a table and surf the internet. There is no time limit for how long you can stay at Circle K. I would buy food and surf the internet. I work on the internet. I talk to my English students on my laptop. I would stay at Circle K for more than an hour sometimes. I would buy more food when I was hungry for some more.

The staff and police falsely accused me of things that I did not do and they unfairly abused me physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

They illegally and immorally banned me from Circle K stores in Vietnam. However, I am an American. I am not just an American. I am also an American English Teacher. I have a good reputation with people all around the world. I am the Original oatmeal.

Friday, the 10th of October 2014, I went to that store and they locked that Circle K store which is illegal. I am not a threat. It is like they placed a restraining order against me. They would not let me in to buy some water. They said that they don't want my money but they do want my money. The customer is always right. Mistreating customers can start international wars and is at least bad for business.

Police were mocking me. Police were drinking and eating at the store. I don't know if they paid money for the things they drank, ate, and smoked, at that store. What happened is on the security cameras.

Can you please make me a copy of the video footage from the security cameras? I am not happy with what happened. What they did was not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment