Saturday, October 11, 2014

Teach For Less Than $20 USD/Hour?



My school looking for a Academic Coordinator.
You must have:
-University Degree
-CELTA
-More 5 years experience
You responsible for:
-All teacher recruitment (our school has 30 teachers)
-Be on call 7 days a week to cover classes
-Teacher training/observations
Benifits:
-Salary: 20,000,000 VND/month
-360,000 VND per hour of teaching
If interested private message.
  • You and 4 others like this.
  • Will Brantingham An academic coordinator, on call every day, with 5 years experience, for less than $1000 per month? Good luck finding a suitable candidate. You'll need it.
  • Steve Jackson This has to be a joke...
  • Phill Peters Is this for Vietnamese people or a Native English Speaker?
  • Nguyen Thi Kim Chi Phill, we not hire Vietnamese. Must be Native. ONLY americans. White.
  • Phill Peters What? Then you are joking. NOBODY will work for that.
  • Will Brantingham That settles it Steve, must be a joke.
  • Will Brantingham That settles it Steve, must be a joke.
  • Ben Parsons Why must the candidate be white??? This is the dumbest thing I've seen today.
  • Jason Ovenden Someone owes me a new monitor, I have coffee all over mine now.
    Nguyen Thi Kim Chi You won;t find any 'white americans' who will do this for less than $20 an hour - your 360k vnd is a joke.
    Unless you want Oatmeal of course!
  • Robert Cotgrove Also, this post isn't appropriate for this page, so it'll be removed, right Adam?
  • Ben Parsons Joey Arnold English I would highly recommend this guy
  • Vickia Nguyen Kim Chi, I suggest you deleting this post. You are making a very funny story in this group @@
  • Lua Le even I'm VNese, I will not work for that salary :))
  • Erin Mai This labour market became jst nuts. Too cheap !
  • Simon McBride Joey has been arrested (apparently).http://youtu.be/pAalwNpVrvI And yes, that IS him in my profile picture. Bless him.
  • TQ Hoàng Oh my god I thought it was a joke when she said only American. And then totally lost it at the "white" part hahahaha
  • Lý Bầu Too cheap, Im Vietnamese and my salary's over 2000$ now (3 years exprerience) but im still that it's cheap, can't work for this center (ah, i'm not WHITE but i love my ethnic :))
  • Ben Parsons Simon McBride, what did he get arrested for??
  • Alfredo Rossi Nguyen Thi Kim Chi: Does he have to be blonde and blue eyes? Is there a minimum height required?
  • Dung Le Anh It seems a bit racist to me. What's the matter with black native Eng speaker?
  • Amor Envina "ONLY AMERICAN. WHITE." - RACIST!!!. There are native English speakers who are not white, if you don't know. Oh wait! We are in Another Side of Vietnam. So, this must be something for fun?
  • Antoine Tran I love vietnamese people otherwise I wouldn't live here but we have to admit they're a bit racist...
  • Matthew Kershaw If you decide to be smarter about this post Chi, I suggest set the starting salary at $2500 usd and open the position to any qualified native speaker. You then may have a chance of getting the person you are looking for. On the other hand, if this is a joke post, no one finds it very amusing at all.
  • Mik Stockden So cheap. Glad I'm not a english teacher
  • Antoine Tran Anyway, everybody know that being English teacher in Vietnam is having lack of professional ambition. 15 millions VND would be enough for them I think!! 
  • Mik Stockden Cheap girls, beer, smokes, hotels. What more can 1 want?
  • Nobita Nguyễn I've worked with a European who spoke like a German in one of those WW2 movies who shouldn't have any business teaching English(attitude). I've met a nice Scottish fella who has a wicked brogue who teaches English here. I've also met French people (with French accent) teaching English here. Should they have jobs teaching English? Who's to judge? The dumbass parents don't know any better but smile when they see white faces are reinforcing this problem. The fact that they get jobs teaching English doesn't bother me, it's the rate at which they're being paid irks me to know end. There's an established rate for Whites, Philippinos, and Native English speaking Vietnamese at most schools and that's racist. There are some Philipinos who have excellent English and yet they fall below white trash in remuneration. This isn't about your qualified white English teachers, so don't start trolling. What I'm advocating is a fair system that should judge and pay people according to their abilities. Until the government starts shutting down the cash transaction that takes place in a lot of these English brothels, there will always be trash in the system. 

    I still find it funny listening to Vietnamese-Australians with their kangaroo accent cursing away like a drunk sailor. They even have an endearing phrase to call their friends as "cunt", which I didn't know. That's similar to U.S. ghetto boys calling their friends as "My bitch". On second thought, maybe there should be a different rate of pay for Australians. 
  • Andrew Thompson Unfortunately such blatant racism is normal here in ESL work. One of my viet kieu friends was teaching for a center and they reduced his salary without notice, because one of the parents complained that their kid didn't have a native speaker. Which obviously wasn't true.

    And this must be a joke - no foreigner with a degree, CELTA and 5 years experience would even consider working on call 7 days a week for that little. $2500 minimum, surely?
  • Greg Uc There are other white native speakers in England, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and lots of others I haven't mentioned. As far as racist goes it is Vietnam so no need for that word here. There is no political correctness here and to be honest I kind of like the blunt no bullshit way of saying what they want........Im sure a few won't like that. But that's just the way it is..
  • TQ Hoàng Thank you Nobita Nguyễn. And may I add the real problem is the ignorant parents who think as long as you're white, you're qualified to teach English? 
    Once upon a time I was looking at ESL teaching jobs abroad (just because it would help with my traveling addiction). Came across all kinds of funny stuff, but true, the most ridiculous and racist must be in Asia. If it had been in Asia, I'm pretty sure I would never have passed the interview after they knew I'm Asian and after I casually mentioned I didn't grow up in America and speak English as my first language lol.
  • Antoine Tran You're right Greg, in our countries, we cannot even say that someone is black or not otherwise we'll be considered as racist... however, writing "ONLY WHITE" is really racist. This position is not based on skills at all. If they have to choose between a black American with 10 years of teaching experience + CELTA and a white american found on Bui Vien, what would they do??
  • Greg Uc Yes I understand that Mate. But I still don't have a problem with it. I understood this was the way when I moved here. So I accept it this way in VN. Who says it is right in my country? I have PC forced on me at home. Cant say this. Can't say that. Can't ask for exactly what I am looking for. It still happens in my country it is just hidden. Asians in my country will still only hire Asians. All taxi drivers are Indian or black. It happens we just can't say it. This country has more freedom as far as im concerned. They ask for what they want regardless of hurting feelings. We all have a choice to be here or not. Im ok with it like that.
  • Alfredo Rossi It is not a matter of politically correctness. You get a job based on your merit and qualifications! An english teacher can be of any race, in my opinion.
  • Greg Uc Yes that's right mate. But quite often they are more interested in Image. So they ask for what they want
  • Alfredo Rossi Teaching is a vocation and a talent not an image. If I had a son, I want a good teacher, not a cute teacher.
  • Greg Uc Yes and I do too. Your preaching to the converted. But its not they way it is here, Its not a complicated fact. This is not a democracy...It is also one reality I like about this place. It is blunt and in your face. Shove your ideals where they belong in this country haha. It is not your country and what you think really don't matter in the daily running of things here.
  • Frederick Smith I know a guy with no degree, no certificates, no prior experience until got to VN, his Visa is long expired let alone a work permit and pretty sure earns about double that haha. He is white though.
  • Ryan Hemmings I'm with Greg here, if that's what they want, shouldn't matter for what reason, doesn't make it right but I applaud their honesty.
  • Ngoc Chi Le my name is Chi and I find this post is so offensive 
  • Ryan Hemmings Hello Chi, why do you find this post so offensive.
  • Ngoc Chi Le because everyone keep asking "hey Chi, is this a joke" and I believe this is the reason why I can't stop sneezing the whole day.
  • Ryan Hemmings Well, that explains it....
  • Bart Hamilton Nguyen Thi Kim Chi and Joey Arnold are made for each other!
    23 hrs · Unlike · 3
  • Dathan CN A must be white? why? because only white people can speak english? sick of English centers here stating that you are not qualified for the job because you aren't white. it's not the skin color you should look at but the resume and qualifications. sure you need to be a native English speaker but it doesn't mean that you aren't one if you aren't white.
    7 hrs · Unlike · 1
  • Nobita Nguyễn Can someone upload a picture of this English brothel for us all to remember by?
    6 hrs · Unlike · 1
  • Lockie Harris Nguyen Thi Kim Chi I found your man 
    4 hrs · Like · 1
  • Lan Anh Nguyen I smell racism here. Adam, where did you go?
    4 hrs · Unlike · 1

No comments:

Post a Comment