Wednesday, February 4, 2015

My First Desk

I had my first desk in the kitchen next to the two fridges, the floor heater, the cabinet, my parent's hallway, and near the dishwasher and oven.

I remember using this desk as far back as about 1990 or so when I was 5 years old. I used it for some years until my teen years I think. I do not remember the exact demise of it but I would mostly draw in it.

One time when I was about 5 years old, I awoke to scattered papers that spilled from my desk. It seems that my dad marched by it at night knocking my art to the ground. As usual, my dad was drunk that previous night and I picked up papers with no questioned asked. I do not remember what my mom said to me at that time or even if she said anything to me at all.

I can be a rebel and I can be stubborn. I can be the kind of person that does whatever I feel is right, which can be subjective. However, I can also be pretty compliant as well, especially when I was younger. I would submit to authority pretty well and follow instructions like a saint. My name is Joey Arnold, the Original Oatmeal, born in 1985 in Forest Grove, Oregon, USA.

I want to try to find pictures of my desk on the internet. I want to share as many stories I can related to my desk. My desk was yellow and had a pipe-like metal frame structure or legs. The desk opened up when you would lift the trunk of it like a car. The trunk was also the table or desk of the desk as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment