Monday, March 2, 2015

Collars




Learn English. Practice these questions & answers as follows. today, the topic is about work, jobs, careers, occupations......
.
What do you do for a living? I'm a fire fighter. What about you? What do you do? I organize things for my boss? Oh, like a secretary? Uh, more like a slave. Haha, that bad? Yes, or maybe more like a manager or assistant
.
What's your job? What kind of work do you do? I'm an architect. You mean, like a construction artist? Yes, and I use math in order to plan the layouts, the blueprints to buildings/etc. Do you love your occupation? Yes, a little, but I've always wanted to have a career in modelling. You want to be a model? What kind of model? Well, maybe a hand model. Oh wow, you have beautiful hands
.
What is your profession? I'm a lawyer. What is your vocation? I'm a teacher. Oh, you must love people. Yes, and you love money. Sure, don't we all just love money. Well, my passion is in educating people for the sake of our future. That's good & my focus is in defending those people in sticky situations, especially when they are framed for murder or something drastic like that
.
Hello, what do you do? I'm a landscaper? Oh, you mean like an outside janitor/gardener. Yep, you could say that. What about you? What kind of life do you live? Oh, I'm glad you asked. I'm a real-estate agent. Do you want to buy this house right here? Oh no, I'm not that rich. I'm not a billionaire like Bill Gates or Joey Arnold. What, who is Joey Arnold? Some nerd in Asia, haha. Yeah, like a real geek, OMG
.
Collars (not colors)
.
Different collars = job fields/categories/kinds: here is an introduction of different kinds of jobs. Below, you can see what kind of work people do in Vietnam. What kind of collar are you? What kind of collar do westerners have when they work in Asia? Those answers & more are below.....
.
White-collar workers includes managers, office workers, teachers, bosses, CEOs, professionals, lawyers, assistants, etc...
.
Blue collars do more manual work & some of them are janitors, gardeners, labourers, carpenters, plumbers, miners, etc...
Black collars include miners
Scarlet (purple) collars include prostitutes (trafficking for sex)
Pink collars: secretaries, assistants, nurses: administration fields
Grey collars: programmers (white/blue collars): information technology fields
Gold collars: doctors, lawyers
Red collars: farmers; & government staff, officers
Green collars: tree huggers: environmentally friendly jobs
Yellow collars: photographers, film-makers, developers: white/blue
Light blue collars: temporary work in blue/white
Orange collars: criminals: robbers, thieves, gangsters, mafia
Open collars work at home: home businesses
Silk collars: westerners who work in Asia
No collars: free spirit hippies, survivors, homeless people
Jo Arnold. Rick Arnold. Marilyn Mitchell. Thiên Ân
























No comments:

Post a Comment