Saturday, September 27, 2014

Lost Phone: 2014-09-27

I rode from District 4 to where I teach Saturday mornings (for September 2014) in Tan Phu, TP.HCM. I stopped at a bike shop in order to get air in my back wheel which is normally free but I was asked to pay 1.000 VND. I only had a 2.000 and he didn't have change and handed me the money back so that I could get the air for free but I let him keep it.

After that, as I drove passed by the Trung Chinh (of CMT8) street in Tan Binh/Tan Phu and as I passed a school, my phone fell through a hole in my right pocket of my blue jeans. A woman on her motorbike told me in Vietnamese about my phone and I already knew something fell out as well. I turned back to look for my phone. I was focused on the ground but saw a man pick up my phone or something on the side of my eyes and take off.

I told my students and teaching partner that my bike was stolen. I told a story about Baby Joey to my students. Had rice, pork, fish there. Took a nap. Met 2 students at a cafe in Q.4. He called me and talked to a man that took my phone.

The man said he lived in Tan Binh and works construction in Q.2 but without an exact work address. He would have work sites and offices that he could have told us about. He asked Huy for money and Huy told him to meet me 7:30 PM at the Lotteria on a street near CMT8 and close to Nguyen Thien Hien High School and near a Catholic church.

I came to Circle K at 7:15 PM and stayed all night until about 6:30 AM in the morning. I saw the man and his brother who was holding my phone, I think. They looked at me a few times and I walked near them and sat next to them and sat next  to them on a different table and was expecting them to talk to me as he said he would as I am unique.

I told people on Facebook.








No comments:

Post a Comment